Today I reached a Letterboxing milestone. It is probably a silly thing to get so excited over a mere number. But that rooster, crowing his heart out in the middle of the afternoon as we returned to the car, gave good expression to how it felt.
The magical box was not originally the one planned. But a box missing from a 5 box series leaving me one short today. I picked a Blue Diamond box, just because I felt the occasion warranted it. Joy and surprise became magnified exponentially when I realized the stamp that might be in the box.
The title of the box is Old Friends, and it was carved by an old letterboxing friend; one I met early on in my boxing career. She lives in UT and the box is in NC. How fitting it should be her box that marks the milestone.
Every hundred boxes on the AQ letterboxing site ribbons change color; until 1000. Now it will be another 1000 boxes before it changes color again.
A silly thing really, to have an extra flag added and a new color to a virtual ribbon; but so many memories, 1000 to be exact.
congrats on the milestone!
ReplyDeleteantimony