Miss T needed a letter of recommendation for an RV park where we will be staying part of next year. She got a glowing review from our current park manager that would make any "parent" proud.
"Hi, My name is ***********, my husband and I manage the ************* campground where Miss T has been a guest for the last several weeks. Miss T is a model citizen in our park. If we could have all of our dogs behave as well, we would feel fortunate. Miss T has barked once, a one time only woof during her entire stay. Linda Livingstone's RV is parked next to my patio so I have the opportunity to see Miss T several times a day. Miss T acknowledges my presence by looking at me and wagging her tail, but not by barking at me. Miss T would be a wonderful addition to your park and perhaps could teach some of the other dogs how to behave!"
WOOT!
Good girl Miss T
ReplyDeleteI think Miss T deserves an extra treat from her human!
ReplyDeleteMiss T sounds like she is Miss Terrific!
ReplyDeleteCould Miss T come and teach our Nutters? Even on Vacation she needs to be a rough tough peanut puff guard dog. Great job Miss T!
ReplyDeleteSix months ago she was out of control and I didn't know what to do. We had been through three sets of PetSmart training.She learned sit, down, and so forth; but heel and don't pull and don't jump on people were not anywhere on her radar. I started with season 1 of The Dog Whisperer via Netflix and learned some of the things I was doing to encourage her bad behavior. I would not have believed I would become a promoter of a TV wise guy, but I have. The later seasons get more into the weird dogs and weirder people, but I found the first 2 seasons very helpful. As he says, he rehabilitates dogs and trains people. His mantra of EXERCISE, DISCIPLINE, then Affection has paid off in our household. I have a dog who enjoys life and I can enjoy.
ReplyDeleteAh--either the TV dog guru really worked and got you guys trained or Miss T got old enough and her brain started working! LOL-it does take those labs a little while for everything to click! Congrats on a well behaved dog!
ReplyDelete