Each state offers its own unique beauty to the hobby of Letterboxing. This day yielded the beauty of barrel cacti in bloom and a monsoon sunset, then a rattlesnake filching a potential box location. The the Saguaro with the tiny appendage has worked 75 years to reach this point in its development. Most awesome is something you didn't see; Miss T showing restraint around all those lovely water birds and Mr. Snake. The excitement was there, but she responded to command and as a result no one got hurt and I got some picts.
Love your slideshow, Baqash! We sure enjoyed our time in Arizona. :o)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photos, Baqash -- glad you were kept safe from the rattler. My husband must have read about that... perhaps you wrote to me on Facebook? He reiterated to me that he doesn't want me traipsing around the countryside where rattlesnakes might be. I recommitted to waiting for hibernation season. Wanted to hike Chantry Flats on Monday (there's a letterbox there... but my family all opposed going for a hike)... and realistically, if I'm planning to step off the trail to look for a box, I really would do better to wait for a safer time, such as November.
ReplyDeleteOh, and... Good job, Miss T! (and her trainer :)
Hansenclan