My grandparents always had what might be termed a Victory Garden. A backyard garden from which they grew all their own vegetables and a few fruit trees. They also had a small grape arbor. One of our kid antics was to raid the garden for goodies as we played in the warm twilight. The smell of hot ripe grapes remained through these many years, decades in fact, to resurface.
mmmmmmmmmmmm Sweet and juicy. Juice running down your face as you lie on the grass or try to capture a few fireflies. Feel the blades of grass between your bare feet.
iiiinnnnnhaaale. mmmmmmmm
Ohhhhh... I identify! As an adult, I have had several times when a specific scent triggered a memory but could not put my finger on it! Then, I was stopped at a traffic light and smelled that sweet scent... As I looked about to see what it was... I saw a hedge (still don't know what it is called) with white flower clusters on it and in a flash, I was back in my grandmother's back yard! I have that memory every time I smell that scent to this day!
ReplyDeleteBandaid