Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Winter storms have moved into Nevada and I'm about three days behind the storm curve, but it can't be helped. The rolling home is in need of a good service before we begin the migration south to winter camping grounds. Today is full of wind and rain and tonight possibly ice as the temps drop below freezing. A good day to NOT be on the road today and very grateful for the Eden Pure portable heater I bought last winter.  Today's weather is the kind that gives Winnemucca its nickname, Windy Mucky.

Box Radar will be in play as we head south though I'm not anticipating very many stops. Most of Nevada is an Lb desert among deserts. Also along the Lb line I'm excited to say I'm taking with me a very special box by X marks the spot and by request of the Moose so that the box will get an expanded audience.  The 5th of the Five orders can be found if you find me. (I can hear some of you say, "Lots of luck with that!"  If you've never found one of these you are in for a real treat. This is a box even a muggle can appreciate.

Yes, my  365 project is way behind (as is my eblog); in part because I haven't been taking any photos. When we make Arizona I'll look through what I do have and see if I can post at least a few. Definitely won't be a full 365 at the end of the year unless I cheat and plug in photos from other years. It will make a good settling in project for home days.

One thing that will be different this trip south is that I will be looking for more ways to get plugged into the area.   Feel free to post comment suggestions for community involvement.

So back to the mundane. With the yucky weather I have little motivation to do much cleaning up other than keeping the sap from the Russian Olive off my windshield until we pull out of this site. Think I'll read a book.

1 comment: