
I admit it, I'm a computer addict. Not just a computer addict but also an internet addict. My calender is in my computer, I pay my bills with the computer, all my genealogy research and photographers are in my computer, have as many or more online friends than not. I don't have paper phonebooks or city maps because it is all online. I stop in rest areas to check my email and to search for nearby letterboxes. I live in a small space and my computer is on all the time so it is easy to see when new mail pops up, or to click refresh on the Atlas Quest and FaceBook pages. I don't have to "ride a bike" to generate power for my computer, but I do have a heft generator in the MH and a power port inverter for the car. I'm a computer addict. But the computer helps me make my life work. Yes I suppose I could do all the same things with paper and pencil, but this is so centralized with so many more options.
So what's the point? Yesterday, and 7:14 pm, I put my Verizon aircard on vacation. The park here has free wifi. Almost immediately the symptoms of withdrawal set in, even though I am still online. It's not as fast? What if it gets overloaded and I can't get to my sites? What if the system goes down and I can't get online? Anxiety, racing thoughts, on the edge of panic, and nothing bad has happened.
I admit it, I'm a computer addict. Horrors, I may have to talk to someone face-to-face.
I wonder if they have an online group for that?
Hello...my name is SHH, and I'm a computer addict. How many hours do I devote to keeping in touch with all my online buddies, you ask?
ReplyDeleteDo I have to say?
I'm right there with ya, sister! :-)
Oh dear! I always say that if the house was robbed, I would not miss the TV until I went to dust it....but the first thing I would miss would be the computer! Hands starting to tremble a little at the thought!
ReplyDeleteBandaid
I'm with you, Baqash -- I may not have the bells & whistles you might have (no generators or laptops, no comprehension of wireless) -- my computer stays 3" above our concrete foundation... but when anything goes wrong... there I am at the local library wondering what it was that I changed my e-mail password to!!! And of course, that last time this happened, I tried contacting the company to get my password, but of course they sent it to my E-MAIL, which I couldn't get into!!! (At least I'll have it for next time, anyway.)
ReplyDeleteLOVE the photo of the guy with his own pedal power generator. We'd probably all be in better shape, if we had to generate our own electricity to operate our computers, wouldn't we?
Blessings,
hansenclan
I have to admit it - I am, too! Do we need to start a CA group? :oP
ReplyDelete