NOT! Now that that main crisis is past and the big sigh of relief has been released I'll share what's been up the last few days. Some of you heard me whining about being tired and over worked. These are both true. However, the big deal is that I woke up Saturday morning thinking I might be having a mild heart attack. If you look up the symptoms for women and heart attacks, they were pretty much all there.
Saturday I got someone to take my shift and laid low all day. After about 2-3 hours, the worst of the symptoms passed while resting, but resumed somewhat after getting up and about again. Sunday I worked. Again, things were still better but a milder version of the symptoms still persisted. Same again today.
Today, Monday, non ER time, I did get in to see a local doctor who has ruled out your garden variety heart attack, but is not willing to attribute the symptoms to just the stress of a new job and longer hours than anticipated. So tomorrow, off for blood work and and EKG. If there was any sort of anomaly hopefully it will show. If not, then we have a baseline. Dr. Susan is leaning more toward the idea of an arrhythmia or perhaps even an electrolyte imbalance to explain the light-headedness and clammy sweats attacks. (And no, they are not mid-life power surges. Been done with them for a long time.)
I was asked by several people why I didn't drop everything an run to the ER. The symptoms were "mild" relatively speaking. And, I don't have a secondary insurance. 20% copay of an ER visit is still pretty pricey. Here comes the disclaimer. "Don't try this at home folks". You're right it wasn't the best choice, but this time it turned out to be an ok choice, and I did follow with medical consult as soon as possible.
For now a low profile is in order.
.
So glad you went in and definitely want to hear how all the test come out, my friend :-)
ReplyDeleteIs it possible that you were bit by a tick?
ReplyDeleteBefore I arrived here it was possible. I've been here now almost 2 months. I'll mention that thought when I go for the follow up.
ReplyDeletePraying for clear (and good) results from the testing!
ReplyDeletehansenclan
Don't rule out Valley Fever Linda. Some of your symtoms match, especially chest pain. It is not something they will be looking for up there is the "woods" LOL! Bro and wife just bought a house here (took a month to find and buy). Then onto the RV ralleys and such. He has symtoms like yours, along with a few others, and is on his way back from Ohio because they won't even consult with an AZ doc to find out about VF. Anyway, I hope the news is good news.
ReplyDelete