Saturday, April 18, 2009

On the Road Again



In the past I've done email posts to a group under the title Travels with Pepper. Pepper no longer travels with me and providers like to block such large lists as spam, so it seems time to venture into the blogging world. My travels are sometimes interesting, sometimes introspective, sometimes plain. They are what they are.

My traveling companions this year are Miss T and I-pod. Miss T is currently 5 3/4 months and weighs 57 pounds. In spite of being in training since the age of 10 weeks, she is still a very large active puppy who can bowl you over with her enthusiasm. Sir I-pod is a veteran of this routine. He is a 10 year old (about) rescue cat. This will be his 5th travel season. I-pod was in a no kill shelter for 9 months prior to his adoption. He is rather gross and was pretty unadoptable due to chronic sinus issues. However, he makes up for his grossness by being a very loving creature with a wonderful purr box.



Our journey began 4/17/2009 and did not get off to a very good start for such a short leg of the journey. Eloy has a Blue Beacon truck wash and a planned stop was in order after wintering with no baths. With sun in eyes, I misjudged the distance between the passenger side mirror and the device. Minor damage was done. But then someone decided to try and help me fix it. In attempting to secure the lower mirror clip, this helpful individual SMASHED the glass, preventing it from being usable even if taped on. The good news, Blue Beacon is paying for the lower mirror. Bad news, I must linger in Gilbert until the kit arrives to Beaudry Chandler.



However, the day continued on a better note with an afternoon of boxing with my friend Romana. Then it finished with a tour of the LDS Cannery and Storehouse. Friends and Fun, a good way to end the day.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your misadventure but it sounds like it worked out in the end. How long of a wait will you have? It is a pretty area there.
    Rain has stopped here in the heartland and the sun cam out to play....dogs lovin it. Pepper might just get her pool up by the end of the month.
    take care
    chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you, my friend the blogger!!!!
    The blog page looks very nice.
    Life on life's terms and you made a nice rebound. We spent the day having a yard sale up at Cathy's so I'm ready for a shower and a little r & r. Good to hear from you and I will be checking back.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, so you got that first scratch out of the way. You should be good to go once it's fixed. Jon just passed his real estate license exam. He still has to take a contract writing class before they'll issue the license, but that should be by the end of the week. If you meet people in your travels who are moving to Tucson, tell them to call Jon for all their real estate needs! :-)
    Blessings!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to reading more your posts, my blogging friend! I know, I just love playing with mine... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great posts my friend. Looking forward to many more - D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the picture. How did you make it so little?

    ReplyDelete