So I have arrived at my new temporary, long-term location. Sounds like an oxymoron doesn't it. Long-term, because for an RVer it will be more than touch and go. I plan to possibly winter here because I can't afford the fuel to go somewhere else and want to be closer to my grand kids. Temporary, because I'm not committed to being here forever, or more than 8 or 9 months at a time, my legal mail still goes somewhere else.
I've made a few observations since finally turning off the engine this trip. The stress of the last couple weeks sent me into some pw or cleansing (however you want to word it), but not all of what I'm experiencing can be blamed on that. Some of it is just natural outcomes.
First - Very Tired. I didn't seem to be able to do much more than sleep. After about a week, that need has faded some, but not completely.
Disoriented - not easily able to find and connect with the kinds of businesses I need. Because it is a "new neighborhood" I don't know where anything is. Because I'm staying for awhile, I need more than the local Wal-Mart. This is the kind of small town where you don't really shop here except for emergency supplies. Those who live here plan a big trip to TOWN aka the big city, which is thirty miles away. This requires research and mapping. I think I'm about ready for my foray into the "big city". Used bookstore, holistic pet food store, Best Buy (printer's broken), Winco (cheap groceries), Office Depot (ink cartridge refund to spend), and Harbor Freight.
But I digress what triggered this subject is realizing how alone I am. I spent a great deal of time alone in Tucson and on the road, but I had a great network where I did touch-n-go visits and activities. (Yes my son and family are here, but that is a different sort of relationship/activity than that to which I refer.) I can feel the pull to remain invisible but can also feel the danger of allowing that to happen. It takes effort to "reach out and touch someone", but for many of us with nervous system disorders, it is life threatening to not.
So this week I will explore. Today visit a local place of worship that seems to have many small groups and interesting study topics. This Monday visit with family passing through town on their way home from Alaska, but Monday next check out a small study group, Tuesday a craft group here in the park, and tai-chi class taught by my granddaughter. Wednesday a trip to TOWN. After that, since there aren't any new letterboxes around here to find, check out the geocaches. See if they lead me to any interesting places that might need a letterbox.
Sounds like a lot? For me big problems need to be addressed. Melting into my chair with a stack of summer reading is a big problem. Good for part of the day, but unhealthy when it borders on all day every day. Too much time to let the committee start having its way.
Ruminating Interuptus - Miss T is letting me know I've melted into my chair enough this morning. It is time for her two mile walk.
Thanks for letting me blather on.
Good for Miss T.... she will keep you on track!
ReplyDeleteThere is nothing better for a person's inside than the outside of a furry friend!
Bandaid
So glad you have Miss T... our own fluffy friend, Charity, is getting better at getting me out the door... thank God for our dog friends.
ReplyDeleteWishing you good and encouraging connections with the new folks around you...
Blessings,
hansenclan