While it may seem like I've been off the radar, it has not been an entirely unfruitful time. Let's see, what can one do in two weeks while off the grid so to speak.
Found a used bookstore, discount grocery house, vitamins store, WalMart and Michael's (of course); started taking Miss T to the river, where she still doesn't swim but loves to play in the water; found two studies; started taking TaiChi; tried to go to meetings (door locked, no people); read 8 books; drove son to appt.; carved my stamp for Ex Libris LTC swap; found a 1.8 mile walk for local walking; still haven't thoroughly cleaned the 'house' (really need to get to that); had guests; started checking out the area geocaches to find out more about the community and where some good letterbox sites might be (found some that wouldn't); have an idea for a series; applied for a 1/4 time job (still waiting on the results); napped; vegged.
Enough of being lazy, time to get back at it and do something.
Wait a minute! What is wrong with this picture? Why is it we have the mentality of "When I Relax, I feel Guilty"? Ok, granted there is a point where it can be taken to an extreme of true uselessness and the time comes when healthy is getting out and doing, but even Jesus took time to withdraw from the crowds. I realize it wasn't for weeks or months, but what if it was? Withdrawing from the crowds can be restorative and healing, preparation for the next thing or phase of life to come. It seems the trick is recognizing what kind of withdrawal it is and when it is time to transition on to that next phase. I sense that time has come.
The important thing is that you're happy. Sometimes we are happy just sitting and reflecting, sometimes we want to be out doing things. I don't believe one is intrinsically better than the other. I've been planning a post on this topic too, but I haven't been able to organize my thoughts. I agree with you all the way, though.
ReplyDeleteGood insight, Baqash.
ReplyDeleteYour story about Miss T in the river reminds me about our trip last summer, in Bend, OR... and the Deschutes River... someone had a shorthaired black dog who just loved charging into the river, chasing a ball or stick. My daughter took over throwing (for the owner) the toy for awhile.
hansenclan