Saturday, June 27
Miss T and Baqash depart o dark 30 for the First Annual Spokane Boxing Bash
Estimated length of trip 3 hours
Actual length of trip 6 hours
Had to stop and get some boxes you know.
The Boxing Bash was great fun. We got to meet up with some met before at Live and Breathe, some only met online, and some never met before. Due to the kindness of another boxer we didn't have to drive all the way back in the same day or sleep in the car at the rest stop. Good thing. Talk about tired. Here it is Monday, two days later, and I can still feel the tiredness though not quite so acute.
There is a marvelous boxing area about 2 hours out from Prosser that I want to go back to. I picked up one box there on the way to Spokane, but that was all I had time for or be more than fashionably late. There is some talk of making a long weekend to Spokane and just box our brains out. I may take the house with me on that trip. That decision to still be decides.
A couple days last week I thought I-Pod had disappeared. But he had not. Apparently he was hanging around the laundry room and a neighbor, who knew he was missing, brought him home. I have mixed feelings. Part of me is ready for him to be done. He is the grossest cat and getting grosser with age. The part of me that is done, is the part that is constantly cleaning up after him. The other part enjoys what a mellow, loud purring creature he is. Ambivalence is not pleasurable.
Miss T, while still an avid visitor jumper is getting better. She calms a bit faster. However she still seems to have boundless energy. After 5 miles of hiking on Saturday, she crashed for all of about 15 minutes and was ready to roll again. (By the way, those are 5 treasure hiker miles, all tolled it was 6.64 miles for the day.)
My son-in-law lost his mother yesterday. It is a very sad thing as they were very close. The family's plans to go to California are still up in the air. Miss T and I may or may not go to Port Orchard to either house sit or kid sit. More will be revealed.
In the meantime, there are messes to clean, boxes to carve and plant, places to explore, and decisions to make about activities to add or continue. I am still waiting to hear if I am getting a part time job here at the park. 8 hours a week will pay for 1/2 rent, all electric, laundry, cable. Internet is free here for everyone, but the service is pretty slow. Not sure I'll let go of my Verizon, but I may try the wireless for awhile and see if I want to put the Verizon on vacation.
Tuesday/Thursday is TaiChi. I'm finding it very frustrating as since because of my old injury and with the advent of a more mature age, I'm not remembering sequences very well. I enjoy the exercises but then leave more frustrated than refreshed because of this lack. What to do? What to do? I think I'll think about that tomorrow.
Wednesday is trip to Richland day. Son goes for an appointment and I make my list of errands to do on the same day to conserve on fuel. This week, granddaughter is going along to look for a specific length paddle for her canoe.
People ask me what I do to fill my days. I'm not always sure, but I'm sure busy doing it as I'm certainly not bored.
So there you have it; a little bit of this, and a little bit of that.
Sounds good, Baqash.
ReplyDeletehansenclan
(Who hasn't left town yet, but is getting rather close to being ready.)
More from hansenclan:
ReplyDeleteP.S.
I'm learning "Ai Chi" -- Basically, that's Tai Chi in the swimming pool (standing, not swimming). It's good exercise, refreshing, and balance isn't quite the issue that it would be, with Tai Chi.
Enjoy!