Friday, May 1, 2009

AHHHHHHHH

I have fought driving the rig in Southern California for 5 years. Yesterday I had to finally do it.
I cheated, I drove in the early morning hours both yesterday and today. When I leave out of here I'll probably do the same thing again.

Yesterday, the last day of April this year, was a fun day. I got to meet face to face one of my online friends who goes by the name Ohsoberone74. We spent the day yakking and she allowed me to introduce her to my current addiction of letterboxing.

I have some great pictures we took with her camera, BUT... I left the computer weenie at her house. She will mail it to me and I will get them eventually; but I"m really hoping she figures out how to email them so I can post them for you. So here we are, two old ladies, a toddler and a big puppy out prowling around trying to not look conspicuous. However, the baby and the puppy did serve as great distractions. We yakked so much we never did get out of the house in time for the planned meeting. So, we thought we would go to the Bark Park instead. There was chaos and pandemonium on the big dog side, so we snuck into the little dog side until some little dogs showed up. Baxter and Miss T got to do a little bit of romping any way.

Today I got the rig settled in its weekend home and visited with my sister. With "moving" to Washington, it is questionable when I might get this far south again. We had a pleasant visit over lunch at the Claim Jumper.

Marcia and Duane



Marcia and Linda

Besides our great visit, Marcia found a bunch of old papers of my dad's that need to be sorted through for our family history that I'm supposed to be working on. A cursory look has already revealed the original land warranty for our great grand dad Swaim's homestead.

Duane bought a new Garmin and made me the beneficiary of the old one. How cool is that. I've never owned a GPS before so this will be my introduction.

I'm supposed to be paying bills and preparing for tomorrow's letterboxing event; guess I better get to it.

3 comments:

  1. Think that's not cheating driving in the early morning hours. I've been known to drive there at 2am to miss the traffic. I always said I think that half the people there are just lost and are perpetually driving on the freeways because they don't know where they need to go. Be safe "D"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, you drive in the early morning hours to miss the So. Cal. traffic, my dad always left at bedtime, in order to cross the California and Arizona deserts and avoid as much heat as possible. This WAS before cars had air conditioning in them, but even so... today you'd save gas, too, I think, by not running the air conditioner all those nighttime hours.

    Looking forward to meeting you today at the Letterbox Roundup...

    hansenclan
    (We were going to put our trailname on matching t-shirts, but only got as far as buying the t-shirts. Kind of a yellow-green.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to do the same thing when I was a kid.
    And those "air conditioners" that hung on the outside of the window and only cooled the person sitting next to it.

    ReplyDelete