Sunday, May 17, 2009

Respite Nearly Over

My respite here in Ukiah is nearly over. There will be coffee in the a.m. with the Coffee Critic crew, then transform the blue behemoth into travel worthiness and back on the road. It has been a good week. I've connected with old (and long time) friends, gotten out in the sunshine and walked, and had some thinking time.

Yesterday we thought a man died on the beach. His family was hysterical looking for help. I don't know the end result, but I know he was alive and communicating when the ambulance left. Today I met with friends I've known for thirty years. We had rich time of catching up over a meal. The stories of what has been in their lives the last three years were amazing. It is a wonder either one of them is still alive. These sorts of things tend to cause one to pause and consider the path life is on. I have had a chance to see the areas where I am content and areas not quite so. Perhaps those need to be addressed. Perhaps the solution will present itself now that the student is ready.

Maybe it is my age, but needing to be a "somebody" doesn't seem very important. Seems more important to just be.

Enough with the pondering...

What are the stats? In seven days walked/hiked 21 miles, found 32 boxes, and planted 4. Interacted with at least a dozen friends from the old neighborhood, mostly over food.
Did Laundry, stared at the lake, read books (plural), and slept from about sundown to sunup.

Miss T still hasn't figured out how to swim but loves the water. She'll get in up to her chest now and then does a little leap in the air and crazy Ivans all around until she gets back to shore. We found some trails where she could be off leash and she ran and ran and ran; and sniffed and sniffed and sniffed. I-pod doesn't know anything was different. He seems to be content to be inside no matter where we are.

It was a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment