Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It Threatened

First of all I have arrived at the first of two destination in Washington. I will be spending some time on the peninsula with daughter and family before finishing the last leg of the journey to a little west of the tri-cities area.

Kids went to school, daughter went to work so what did I do... went boxing. It threatened to be a another Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Boxing Day like the one I whined about on Saturday in this letterboxing board post:

[It finally happened. I am having my first Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Boxing Day. Sleep deprived, boxes apparently missing, parking lots for night boxes blocked off, map programs giving directions on streets that don't go there. Boxing in an unfamiliar town can be the pits. Landmarks some take for granted are not on the radar for others. aaaaaaaahhhhhhh. I think a nap may be in order. zzzzzzzzzzz

Baqash, resting up for the International Plant a Letter box Day Carving and Planting Social tomorrow.]

I had specific directions to my first destination which took me down a long stretch of hiway with few turn offs. A serious accident occurred before I arrived at the spot and no traffic could go through. Officers were telling people to turn around. No problem. Yes problem. I had no idea how to get to where I needed to be on the other side of the accident. (Insert mile anxiety here) Ended up driving around lost for quite a bit only to end up right back where I was, but now cars were going through so I went on my way. This delayed the end of my day by that amount. I found the main box I went to look for and decided to go for a couple others and retry some I couldn't find last year. Struck out more than I found. Flinging hands up in the air decided to head back across the bridge.


Before I could actually leave town the phone rings and it is two local boxers on the other end. What a difference a call makes.


First, I was still in town so I could meet up with them. Only been trying to do that for about 15 months. Then, I find out that all but one of the boxes I didn't find, I shouldn't be able to find for they are gone. (Certainly made me feel less stupid... you know all that negative self-talk that can start to get carried away if you don't tell it to get a life.) Then we went to together for the remaining box. We snagged the find. Took appropriate photos to memorialize our encounter. Then it was back on the road.


If you need positive energy input, a brief visit with a couple of truly happy boxers will certainly do it. The potential "Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Boxing Day" turned back on itself to a good one.

Some of you will see this photo somewhere else, tough. Not often I get one of myself since I'm usually on the other end of the camera.

6 comments:

  1. And you look lovely, my friend! I'm so glad we were able to 'save the day'!

    big hugs to you!

    ~SHH :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad we could meet up, Baqash! It was fun!

    TTT :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I did see the pics in another place *smile*, but I am quite sure she considers it a compliment that you posted them here. ;-) We affectionately call that "ripping."
    I'm glad your day finished well. Happy trails!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too funny! I just got a postal box called GTKY--SHH--The Inky Jedi. I looked at that picture and said "I KNOW that boxer!" How fun is that? Now I feel really close to all of you...even though Baqash decided not to take a detour through WI on her way North!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy boxers indeed. There's not a jollier pair than TTT and SHH!

    BL47

    PS - One must be careful to list them in that order lest one be accused of swearing. 8~)

    ReplyDelete