
Sutherlin, Oregon
Today was one of those days that reminds me why I letterbox. Beautiful day, incredibly beautiful hikes to places I would not have otherwise seen, hand carved stamps by true artisans, and plants done by thoughtful planters. A blue diamond day if there ever was one.
Even Miss T thought it was a success as she tested the waters in many places. The most fun was a small beach where she could move out until she felt insecure, then jump up in the air and Crazy Ivan back to the beach and all around.
There were awesome photo opportunities but I was so busy enjoying "the ride" the I plumb forgot to take them except one. And that one isn't even the best of show.
Interestingly, as I was going in for the last series, a couple, about my age or so, were coming out. They had nothing but complaints about the narrowness of the trail, how difficult it was to maneuver, they "couldn't find the falls"... Give me a break. You couldn't miss 'em and it was obvious when you had hit the top.
One could only see negative and one thought it was a best of days.
Abraham Lincoln said, "If you look for the bad in someone, you will surely find it."
And the inverse is true as well.
They couldn't find the falls? ::laughs:: Now THAT is entertaining!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry that the timing was off for us to meet up, but tickled that you stopped to visit our boxes. You're the kind of boxer I hope to see in my log books.
I'll catch you up north sometime.
Esmerelda