Sunday, May 10, 2009

Frustration

I have been "dry camping" since leaving Tucson mid April. This might be in an abandoned housing track, a truck stop, or a driveway, but nevertheless, essentially w/o hookups. This week I decided to go into the fairgrounds for a week of rest, cleaning, boxing, and such. Surprise, surprise, they don't take plastic and my account is at the low end of the month. I never heard of an rv park not taking plastic. And not only that, but they want $28/ night or $161 for a week before the minimal discounts they offer. Needless to say, mild panic set in. Conferred with a family member and we came up with a plan. Not the most favored plan, but a plan. After starting this plan but before handing over any $$ to the park, a new plan arose. Hmmm maybe the lake has a site. Drove the little car out to the lake and sure enough Sunday a site will be available that will accomodate my big rig, is in the sun so my solar panels can do some work, and it is right on the lake. And the best part???? I have a 50% pass for federal parks. This might work. So I paid for one night at the fairgrounds. I'll have to pack up and be waiting when the current occupants vacate at about 11 am. Still dry camping, but enough got done in the one night it will be ok.

In the meantime.... I got my $25 worth from my one night: Long hot shower, three loads of laundry done in the rig, and running the vacuum cleaner.

Off to transform the beast from a home to a bus again.....

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This is quite an adventure, my friend! Thanks for posting about it... :-)

    ReplyDelete