Sunday, May 10, 2009

Time/Space Warp

I feel as though I have been in a time/space warp all day today. I am camping in a town where I lived for 10 years prior to taking up the gypsy lifestyle 5 years ago. All is the same/nothing is the same. People are the same/they are not the same and some are no longer here. Hasn't it all just been frozen in the ensuing years since my departure?

First it was at church, so many of the faces the same yet not the same. And how do you tell in 5 minutes 5 years of history. Part of it stems from a particular change. I've left the realm of people who know me as a whole person and returned to the one where I was still severely disabled. It is likely as much a quantum leap for them as for me. I left in a wheelchair and returned walking unassisted, strong, healthy.

Next I went looking for treasure at a museum where a secret code spoken at the front desk yielded the prize. There was an onlooker (a docent) curious about this odd exchange. Then it dawned on her she knew this crazy person. We had worked together about 10 years ago. This of course led to an explanation of the hunt and again, tell in 5 minutes 5 years of history. Think I may have led this one astray into a new interest. We'll see.

Then, yet another arena. A concert of Franco-Flemish & French Renaissance Music. I was invited via Facebook by my long time friend Marilyn Simpson. The music was marvelous and transporting. (I'll try to post a couple of short clips later). But again, people. I saw people I know I should know yet couldn't quite place them. A little tickle of a memory and most of it came back. But then there are those that I knew from multiple arenas... Which one did I meet you in again?

And, I'd like to know when they all got so old. I haven't aged, in fact, I believe I've grown younger. What happened?

5 comments:

  1. What an amazing day you've had! (And of course, now I'm curious about what led to your time in a wheelchair and how you got out of it -- AND thanking GOD that you ARE out of it!)
    Happy belated Mother's Day!

    hansenclan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, would like to hear more about this part of your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Mom is an Amazing lady that is for sure.
    She won't take compliments well, but it is good for her to hear them once in a while anyway.
    Thank you all for supporting her in her journey. LESLIE

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have gotten younger Linda and His light shines a bit brighter as you continue your journey Baqash...

    ReplyDelete